The eldest son of former Vice President Adamu Atiku Abubakar, as well as two commissioners that served under governor Bindow, were among the 23 names sent to Adamawa State house of Assembly by Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri.
The two commissioners who served under Bindow are: Umar Iya Daware and Ibrahim Mijinyawa, both are strong political associates of the former vice president, Atiku Abubakar.
Speaker of the state house of Assembly has Rt. Hon Aminu Iya Abbas read the names of the nominees during Wednesday’s plenary.
The list of the nominees which cut across the 21 local governments of the state include:
- Mohammed Umar – Madagali
- Elijah Tumba – Michika
- Dr Ishaya John Dabari – Michika
- Barr. Sunday Mathew – Mubi North
- Prof Isa Abdullahi – Mubi South
- Hassan Kaigama – Maiha
- Dr. Umar Garba – Hong
- Lami Patrick – Gombi
- Abdullahi Prambe – Song
- Usman Yahya Diyajo – Girei
- Umaru Iya Daware – Fufore
- Ibrahim Mijinyawa – Yola North
- Mustapha Musa Jika – Yola south
- Sanusi Faruk – Toungo
- Bappa Dalhatu Isa – Ganye
- Aloysius Babadoke – Jada
- Adamu Atiku – Jada
- Hon Shuaibu Audu – Mayo Belwa
- Iliya James – Demsa
- Dr. Dishi Khobe – Numan
- 21 Hon. Justin’s Nkom – Lamurde
- Hon Wilbina Jackson – Guyuk
- Adamu Titus – Shelleng
Also briefing newsmen Hon Jafet Kefas, deputy majority leader and house committee chairman on information said the house will commence screening of the nominees next week.